Thursday, September 23, 2010

Poster Project


Well, ok, so for this assignment we were to create a movie poster for a movie that doesn't exist, or one that was never made, etc. I decieded that since my favorite genre tends to be the horror/suspence type of movie that I would create a poster for a horror movie. It took me a while to decide what the movie would be about, but the idea of the movie is that it would be essentially about man creating a virus that alters human into unnatural monsters, and that it spreads very easily, like the flue or a cold. It was meant to be a manmade weapon but backfired when the experiments went wrong, and so started the spread. It's a common idea among horror movies as of late, but I think it's still an effective idea. I figured for the poster it would be more dramatic to show a close-up of the face and as I worked I though about getting even closer and focussing on just one part of the face to cause a bit of curiosity about how it looks off/wrong, etc. I did a lot of alterations to the image that I started out with, mainly trying to get the skin to feel a bit grimy and possibly rotten. trying to get the skin to even feel a bit transparent with the veins and flaky looking red undertons in it. I altered the pupil drastically at first, but eventually decided that less was more and made it a simple smaller change instead. I thought that for the feel the closeup of the eye left a lot of mystery to the piece, the darkness that surrounded it giving it a creepy cut off feel, only revealing a bit of information to the viewer. I kept the text simple and minimal so the focus would be mainly on the eye and such. The text for the title of the movie was custom created to try and have a slightly liquid feel to it, like the contamination might have been. I also kept the colors of much of the face rather paler to give it a cool and somewhat dead feel again, as well as to add in the creepy factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is Light

There is Light